This is a two-year fast-track programme for graduates, with three eight-month rotations in various aspects of Dowty Propellers’ and GE Aviation operations, including supply chain, engineering and cell leadership. At the end of the programme, participants may apply for open positions at a middle management level.
The OMLP (Operations Management Leadership Programme) accelerates development and produces leaders capable of meeting the manufacturing challenges facing GE and Dowty’s Global Supply Chain. OMLP is a two-year programme designed to build leadership and technical skills through challenging rotational assignments, projects and world-class training. Programme participants are involved in strategic initiatives and can gain hands-on experience with innovative, cutting-edge products that will change the world.
- Participating in an intensive two-year-long programme including three different assignments in manufacturing operations. Possible assignments include shop operations, lean, process engineering, Six Sigma quality, materials management, supply chain management, environmental health and safety (EHS)
- Working in a full-time position combines challenging job assignments, coursework training and interactive seminars to equip participants with exceptional technical, financial, business and leadership skills
- Technical classroom training in manufacturing, global supply chain management, lean Six Sigma, and sourcing
- Business training and challenging experience in: project management, team leading, negotiation, business acumen
- As a member of this rotational programme, you will have the autonomy to drive your projects and own your career at GE
- Joining this programme provides you the opportunity to develop your skills in a cutting-edge global environment and you will immediately be plunged into a real and meaningful assignment
- Being an OMLP is a path to develop yourself and build your network through the assignments and training with programme members from around the globe
- After finishing your two-year-long rotation programme you will have the opportunity to continue your career in challenging positions in the field of Supply Chain, Manufacturing Operations or EHS
- Bachelors or Masters with outstanding results in engineering or management (mechanical/industrial/electrical/transportation engineer, engineering manager, purchasing, supply chain, operations, logistics majors are preferred)
- Commitment to a career in supply chain/services
- Analytical approach to problem solving, project management skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Easily adopt and learn in a changing environment, flexible and responsive
- Able to decide and act quickly, setting priorities and seeking for simply solutions
- Rotation locations vary, thus candidate must be geographically mobile
- Previous internship, cooperative studies or research experience in engineering or manufacturing is an advantage
- Fluent English
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organisational ability.