This three-year programme, aimed at post-GCSE students, combines college study for a Level 3 NVQ Advanced Manufacturing Engineering qualification with practical experience at Dowty.
The Dowty Advanced Manufacturing apprenticeship is an exciting three-year programme offering you the skills you would need to kickstart a career in aerospace engineering.
- Study 2 days a week at Gloucestershire College working towards L2 NVQ in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- Placements in core business areas of Environment, Health & Safety, Lean and Quality
- Two days per week at Gloucestershire College
- Rotations around the business will take you on a learning journey through the manufacturing, test and repair and overhaul areas of our business.
- Full time working within the business, continuing rotations
- Work-based assessments and end point assessment
- Complete L3 NVQ in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
Our apprentices are assigned a project by the business to grow their wider skills in project management, resource management and materials handling. The Dowty Training team supports and mentors our apprenticeship programme and offers soft-skills training to help our apprentices grow to fulfil their individual potential.
Entry requirements: Four GCSEs including Maths, English, one STEM subject and one other at Level 4 or above